Friday, June 4, 2010

Last Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Dejah's last day of school. She has come so far I can hardly believe it. She went from not being able to identify ANY letters, sounds, or numbers to being able to Identify almost all and even sound out words. I owe a HUGE thank you to her Wonderful teachers.

This is her Teacher Mrs. Spencer.

Mycah wanted in on the picture too.
This is Dejah's "Title One" teacher, Mrs. Jay. Because Dejah was "behind", they enrolled her in extra classes. She bused to another school every Tues and Thurs. It was amazing to see her transformation. Dejah LOVED Mrs. Jay.

Her class was made up mostly of boys. As you can see in this little picture, that is who her friends were. I think she was kind of friends with one of the girls, but I mostly only heard about the boys.

Receiving her Kindergarten Certificate.


Dejah and her friend Kody.

At the end, everyone got Ice Cream Sundays! Yum!











I'm glad to have Dejah home for the summer! It means I won't have to set an alarm :) (Which only worked 1/2 the time anyway).

I've decided to hold her back a year. So she will be repeating Kindergarten. I think she will benefit, and I'll get to keep her around an extra year of her life.

So here's to next year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a pretty proud grandpa... Thanks so much for sharing your blog. Dad

    ReplyDelete