I Love Dancing! Always have. Someday I will have the opportunity again. But for now, I live vicariously through others. Here is a video of my cousin Maggie dancing. She is currently working with Cirqu Du Soliel in Vegas doing Ariel Dancing. Anyway, here she is just Dancing. Enjoy.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
1. Alex's Spring Break is OVER...its back to stay home, clean house (OR NOT), find things to do while feeling extremely Prego and immobile.
2. Its not getting warmer outside! Anyone else feeling extremely ready for Spring? I think I should live in a warmer climate :)
3. Apparently I'm told by the guy at the store who sells STAIN for my playset....I should not even go near the stuff. Even with a mask! Crazy. I was going to do it myself. Now I HAVE to enlist some help from non-prego people....ie...Alex!
4. I've decided that I am not a fan of Dogs. Why? You ask? My neighbor behind me has TWO. They dig big holes under the fence, and come into my yard. And they BREAK my fence with their teeth....(yes they have chewed and busted the fence in many places) to do it! The neighbor across from me also has Two dogs. Their little dog also digs under the fence and gets out and barks in a territorial way at anyone walking down the sidewalk. He also comes into my yard terrorizing the dogs that live behind me and on both sides of me. Basically I have a neighborhood full of dogs that run wild. Come on Owners...I can't call animal control on everyone!
5. I have been spending my last couple days converting all my home videos to DVD. This is a long awaited event, but I'm getting closer. Its fun to look back. My kids have grown SO fast!
6. I have another Dr. apt. tomorrow. This is the one where I get to drink that gross fizzy stuff and wait for a 1/2 hour. I'm pretty sure they'll tell me I'm anemic. I feel it.
7. Alex thinks he's taking the girls camping this weekend. Sounds good? Well maybe so if the weather wasn't supposed to be rainy and cold! At least he's borrowing my Grandpa's camper. We'll see if he reschedules. If not, anyone up for girls night here on Friday night????
8. My house is messier today than I ever remember it! Thanks to my lively girls....I get to do alot of bending over today.
9. Mycah tells me when she's poopy. :) She will bring me a diaper and wipes and say "Uh..boop-ee"
10. I slept really good last night....and for you moms that have been Prego before...you know how nice that is.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Of course after a big swim the girls were starving. Lucky for them they have a Mom who thinks aobut that stuff. Here they are pigging out on PBJ's, water, and snacks galore!The rest of the pictures are of the campgrounds. There was a swing set. RV hook ups. Tons of picnic benches, grassy areas and fire pits. There are no dogs allowed there at all, so no worries for your kids.The prices for camping are pretty good. An RV with hook ups is $25/night Plus swimming for two adults. Each additional person is $7. Dry Camping is $20/night. Again $7 for each additional person. I'm not sure how that applys to children. Go to the Givens Hot Springs Website here> http://www.givenshotsprings.com/index.html for more info.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
I will show some side-by-side photos of these girls and you tell me if you see what I'm seeing!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Ok, so onto my point. We have this Fabulous Rainbow Playset that my Aunt bought in 1994. It has basically sat at my Grandparents house rotting for several years unassembeled. We are currently using it and love it. The biggest downside is that the wood is so old and hasn't ever been re-sealed. So the Wasps LOVE IT too. They basically like to chew up the old wood and make their paper nests with it. There are also a bunch of holes in it that need plugged up, because they like to hide out during cooler hours. So GOAL #1 this Spring for me (before the baby comes), power wash, plug, and re-stain the whole playset. I'm hoping to start this week while the weather is warming up. I'm hoping this process will keep the wasps away. We haven't had any stings yet, but I don't really want a first. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
So one Sunday they drove to a nearby Chapel. There was hardly any parking. The student said that they were about to decide to go somewhere else when he felt like he needed to go to the building that appeared to be very busy. They mustered up the courage and went in. It was stake conference! HE said that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was speaking. This student was so excited to tell Alex about his experience. HE told Alex that Jeffery R. Holland said there were members in the audience that have been less active and such and said that this is the time to be active and in the church. The student felt like he was talking to him directly. The student said that Jeffrey R. Holland said to the congregation that we are in the last chapter before the second coming. Anyway, the student was very pleased and excited to let Alex know all about it. So he's been going back to church, and of course, times are still pretty tough on him.
Another one of Alex's students let Alex know that this Student and his girlfriend have been eating lunch meat for meals and are completely broke. They have nothing. Alex must have been feeling compelled by the Lord, because he came home and said he wanted to take them some groceries. So Saturday morning we got up and pretty much emptied our pantry and fridge of anything we had that was unopened. We gathered together quite a few sacks of groceries and took them to this Student's apartment. It was tiny. They didn't have alot of space. His pregnant girlfriend was there with this Student's two kids. We unloaded and told her we just wanted to help. She was very grateful, and then we left. Monday at work, the Student told Alex that she called him just after we left and broke into tears. Sunday she spent alot of her day crying. She just couldn't believe that someone would do this for her. I just want you all to know that I feel so blessed. I am so glad we were able to help this family. I wish I could have done more. I am truly grateful for my blessings.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Ok, so "Random Number 2". Do any of you have annoying neighbor dogs? Well, that is an understatement for us. The person right behind us has TWO. A big black one that digs holes under our fence, and a little wiener dog that crawls through those holes and terrorizes our neighborhood. Ok, the neighbor directly across from us has THREE dogs. Two big ones in the back yard that bark quite a lot because they never get out. And their third one that is little, that also digs under the fence and gets out and barks down anyone in the area. He is Mean and very territorial. Of course he also wonders off into our yard and many others. The neighbor to the left of us has a lab that barks too (but not nearly as much). The neighbor to the right has a small dog that is kept in their house and always on a leash. Now lets not forget all the many cats in the area that seem to think our yard is a litter box. You've got to love the owners for just letting them go anywhere.
Random Number 3. My girls have the messiest hair I've ever seen. It doesn't matter how much you brush or comb it, it is always everywhere. I need some hair remedies fast. Dejah is a bit easier, because it is now long enough to tie back into braids and ponytails, but Mycah....oh heavens. That girl is Two years old, and practically bald. The hair she does have is thin, sparse and mattes up really easily. Tiny ponytails are only a success when her entire head is gelled.
Well, that's about it for my randomness today. I hope you all had a much better weekend than us :)
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Overland Reel Theater.
"Bride Wars" showing at 9:35pm. Admission is $3. Food is extra-Large orders recieve free refill. (The theater is way nicer :>)
Ok and Last, "Twilight" at the Overland Reel showing at 9:45pm.Please feel free to make a comment and let me know if you are in for this Thursday evening. Kuna people meet either here at my house by 9:00 or for Boise people we'll meet at the theater just before show starts. Come dressed comfy cozy....I sure will. Also if you'll vote for your Favorite theater then we'll take majority. This should be fun! I hope any of you Moms who want to do this will let me know what works best for you.