Sunday, January 16, 2011

What...IS...That?

We have had quite the week around here! Christmas break is over and Alex is back to work. To top it off, the little ones have gotten some dumb sickness again. Fevers, head congestion, runny noses, stuffy noses, no appetite, lots of sleeping (except at night) and LOTS of fussing. Alex and I both have been feeling a little under the weather too. So anyway, Thursday night I got to get out for a couple hours with my friend Tiffany. That SAVED me from a couple hours of insanity. Poor Alex got stuck with the kids though. He ended up cleaning puke, spit up, a wet bed, laundry, and kitchen. He bathed the kids and while he was at it he noticed THIS on Mycah.

Do you see it????

Here it is again. Its almost like a cyst. But I'm no Dr. so I don't even know. It is hard like a bone, but moves around when you push on it. Would something like that happen from getting hit in that spot? I mean she is a bit accident prone. Anyway, I thought I'd give it a week to see if there is any change. If not I'll take her in. She has complained about it a little, but I think that's because we've pointed it out.

Anyway. I have had cysts removed on me, but how would a small child get one?

2 comments:

  1. YIKES Anna! I hope it's nothing serious....I'd be taking her to the doctor right away....but I'm like mom. I always want a doctor to hush my fears. But we in the Lyons family also know that anyone can get cancer.
    Sorry I just re-read that and it sounded worse than I meant it. I'm sure she's fine. You're probably right....most likely a cyst or something. Let me know when you find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna - You're right, definitely take her to the doc. I remember from a few of my own scares that if it moves when you move it around, that's actually a good thing. But... definitely get it checked out. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete