Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Birthday and The Camper

Every year on my Birthday there ALWAYS seems to be a camping trip.  This year was no different.  But every year previous to this one we....or should I say ME....goes through the torture of tent camping.  Now once upon a time (before I had kids) I didn't mind the tent.  Four kids later it is nothing but torture.  In a tent... you can't stand up, you sleep on the ground, it is either freezing or too hot, there is no where to put your things because there are beds everywhere, you hear every noise the outdoors has to offer (including drunk campers who stay up all hours of the night and sing their Mexican music while their noisy dogs bark along), oh and it is just flat out DIRTY.  So this year after DREAMING of something like this...
We FINALLY broke down and bought this Old, Used, and Cheap Camper Trailer!
Happy Birthday to ME :)

 










The entire week leading up to our big Redfish Lake camping trip we literally spent everyday from 5am to midnight cleaning, scrubbing, fixing, taping, painting, and painting and taping and painting and taping.  Our kids ran wild for a week straight living on whatever they could find themselves to eat.  Anyway we loved the layout of the camper.  We felt it wouldn't be too big for Alex's truck to pull.  And we could pay cash! Yay!  The lady we bought it from loaded it with new dishes, pots, pans, blankets, throw pillows, and new curtains.  However....my worst nightmare came true....the water and sewage was left for us to flush!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!  Sooooo D.I.S.C.U.S.T.I.N.G.!!!!!!!!!! I don't even want to recall those memories on this blog.  Lets just say while we were at the dumping place there was a guy in line behind us that gave us a pack of odor remover powder stuff. Enough said.  It is all good now.  We had a fun trip, and I turned 34 in possession of a camper. After pics are coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment