Thursday, April 10, 2008

Couch Potatoe

Being an at-home-mom has its perks. Although I do not spend every waking minute in front of the television, I do enjoy many programs daily. My husband and I share many interests, choice of shows to watch is not one of them. Luckily I have a DVR and can enjoy them on my own time, commercial free and whiny husband free. Here are my current shows of choice.

In the Number One Spot for now is Fox's "American Idol". I have had my top four favorites for quite a while. In order here is who I choose as my favorites.

Number One: David Archuleta
He is so cute with years beyond his age. He seems very humble and genuine. To top it all off, he has an AMAZING voice. I'm sure he will win this competition.

Number Two: David Cook
Some are calling it "The battle of the Davids". They are totally different from one another so I can't compair the two. I would rate David Cook right up there with David Archuleta for number one. He is definitely not as cute, but has a natural talent to perform. I am blown away by his performances every week.

Number Three: Carly Smithson
Now this girl has a voice that will blow you out of the water. I truly enjoy watching her perform and think she will make it far. She has a horrible sense of style, but for me it doesn't take away from the talent she has been blessed with.


Number Four: Syesha Mercado
There are black women out there who have really bold voices. Syesha has a soft unique voice with so much power. I really like her but I haven't really felt her really connect with me as a listener. She is definitely in my choice for top Four.

Number Five: Brooke White
I don't really know how to describe this girls voice and style, but it is unique and somewhat entertaining. One thing I will say. I love her sense of style. She is always wearing modest clothing that is also fashionable.

Number Six: Michael Johns
I have very mixed emotions about this guy. I like that he is a clean cut nice looking rocker, but he doesn't blow me away every time. I think he does Great sometimes and other times not so Great.

Number Seven & Eight: Christy Lee Cook and Jason Castro
Christy is cute, but I don't think her voice is that great. Jason looks like and elf off of Lord of the Rings with bad hair. He has an ok voice but is really boring to me. I would eliminate these two next. But since I don't vote, I'll just sit back and hope for my favorites.

My second favorite show is....MTV's "The Hills"One phrase to describe the whole show "Drama...Drama...Drama". Mitzi and I love this show, it is so funny to watch these girls in the ultimate girl drama. It is a reality show that always keeps me interested.




My third show of choice is Bravo's "Top Chef"


I am no conasour of fine dining, but I love watching these chefs create foods and dishes that I am so curious to taste.



Now My favorite show of all that will start up next month. Fox's "So You think You can Dance"
I LOVE this show and I can't wait until it is back! Here is a link if you are interested in seeing one of my favorite dances from last season. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wz_jEQPY2U

"Dancing with the Stars", not my favorite, but I enjoy the dancing.
"The Bachelor", more girl drama. Do they really think they will marry this guy?
"Supernanny". Something you appreciate when you have young ones. She has such great tips.
Well that's about it for now.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say from one fellow couch potato to another, I love this post. My favorite American Idol was Michael Johns, I was shocked and amazed that he got voted off. I don't know who my next favorite is. I have to decide that now. I LOVE SYTYCD, I was going to make a post about it the other day and I think I still will. Get excited. We will have to have some SYTYCD parties.
    Mitzi
    p.s. The show misguided is a new favorite for Scott and I, there are only 6 episodes and it's already over but it is so good. Check it out on ABC.com
    p.s.s I know you would LOVE Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy and don't even try to deny it. I will convert you someday I am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete