Friday, August 29, 2008

Proud MaMa

So this post may seem a little odd to some, but I'm so proud of my Dejah I just can't let an opportunity to write about it pass me by.
Potty training happened for us a year ago. It was truly a great day when she turned 3 because all of a sudden she decided that she didn't want to wear diapers Anymore! Up to that point we had been practicing using the big potty. No pressure. I had always heard about how hard it is when you push it too early. So we just "practiced" until it just happened. At night I would continue to put a diaper on her until I was sure she wouldn't wet the bed. She would wake up at night and tell me she had to go, I'd help her of course. Sometimes there would be accidents and she would wet the bed, but not too often. This is where the "proud part" comes in. She has been so good now about just waking up and taking herself to to bathroom then going back to bed. She doesn't even bother me now. Well last night she had an "accident", and wet her bed. But wouldn't you know, I didn't even find out until this morning when she came in my room wearing different p.j.'s. "Dejah, you're wearing your nightgown?"....."Yah, I peed in my other ones." Well I checked her room and there they were. She got up on her own, pulled off her wet onesee p.j.s, and her wet underwear. Opened her drawers and put on clean dry undies, put on a clean night gown then went back to bed. I checked her bed and it wasn't wet. I'm so proud of her. She is getting so big and learning how to do things for herself. My Sister's kid who is Dejah's age is still waking her up at 3:30 in the morning to take him to the bathroom and give him a drink. I think I'd just die. Anyway, I love my little "big" girl.

2 comments:

  1. she sounds like such a smart little kid. congrats...it is exciting when they learn to do things on their own. we are just beginning the potty training phase! woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dejah is a cutie - and I cant believe she is 4!!! I think when Brigitte starts to potty train that I will bring her over to your house! It sounds like babies magically turn into kids over there! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete