Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Greatest Guy!

I just wanted to give a Shout Out to my fabulous Husband! I think sometimes I tend to forget that I'm not the only one dealing with this pregnancy. He has been so patient and kind to me. He has been so busy with school, work and church stuff. I get really jealous that he doesn't have to deal with the kids as much. Last night he had one of his Masters classes to go to. Up to that point, he's had tons of homework, so he's just been busy. Well, after getting my house cleaned and the girls in bed, I still hadn't had dinner. I made myself some "crap food" (which is pretty much my diet up to this point), two cheese burritos and a milk shake. At 9:00 Alex walks in with a Quizno's bag with hot soup and a warm bread bowl! Just for me! How thoughtful. I was so bummed that I was stuffed with "crap food". Anyway, at least today I'll have something yummy to eat. Last weekend on Friday night, Alex and his brother Gabe had planned a camp out with the kids at Given's Hot Springs. It was supposed to be all the Bro's in the area and their kids, but it seems that these two are the only die hards! Anyway, everyone showed up for swimming! It was great times! Then Alex, Gabe, and my two girls stayed there for a bon fire and camping. The weather was really cold, but we were lucky enough to borrow my Grandpa's camper. I wasn't there, but I guess the kids had a blast. The girls went down around 9. Gabe and Alex stayed up till 2:30am!!! Crazy boys! I don't have any pictures, but I guess it was a good time. It was nice for me to come home after swimming and just have the house to myself. I got some things picked up. Watched whatever I wanted and slept in till 8:30. Then I got to soak in a nice bath with NO distractions. It was a good lead up to Conference. I have a wonderful husband who works so hard to make it possible for me to stay home with our kids. I am grateful for him and all that he does for me. I can't wait for this baby boy to come and enjoy him as well. He's a great Daddy!

7 comments:

  1. What a great Hubby! Good job Alex! By the way love your hair in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky for alex that he has a wife who makes such a fuss over him!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the hot springs were fun. I'm still remembering the story of your relatives seeing the outline of your baby... pretty crazy. How wonderful for you to get a break. Way to go Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Major points in the love bank. Way to go, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful to have an amazing husband! I wake up every day remembering exactly why I love mine, and how happy I am to be married to him, and I can tell you are the same way! There's nothing like a night and morning to yourself at this point either! I have totally felt all your pain on the blog about not sleeping etc. It's nice that the end is relatively in sight, isn't it? :-) I can't wait to hear all the details about your little boy and his arrival.
    P.S. -I'm rambling I know, but thanks for the nice comment about my job. I know everything happens for a reason, so everything will work out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Husbands do deal with a lot from us sometimes don't they? It is how truly amazing they are and they stick it out and love us through crazy pregnancy hormones!

    ReplyDelete