Friday, June 12, 2009

Its Just Not Fair

Two weeks ago, when Logan was born, my little Mycah came down with NASTY cold pretty much the same day. Lucky for us...and maybe not so much for her, my Mom was watching the girls for a few days. Not so lucky for us...we had to bring our girls home because my mom works. Of course, bringing with it, Mycah's COLD!!! She ran a fever for a WEEK! And pretty much the whole entire time, she wanted Daddy to hold her. Then of course Dejah got it.
Dejah didn't get too sick. It only lasted a couple days, and with the help of Tylenol, she was back to normal. If you have young children, you know its pretty much impossible to keep them off of their newborn brother. As of yesterday, Logan is officially sick. He is coughing, congested, red gooey eyes, and tries really hard to eat, but won't finish a bottle. I am choosing not to take him to the Dr. for now. I know exactly what he'll tell me. Use saline drops in his nose, get him to eat as much as he will, have him sleep with a humidifier, and if he runs a fever give him "X" amount of Tylenol. If he continues to run a fever for more than a week, then come back in. So for now I am sitting here feeling bad for my little guy. Daddy and the girls are in Arco this weekend for a "Beal reunion". Everyone will be there. I'm extremely jealous of the fun they will be having without me. There will be 14 grandchildren and about 15 Adults. Pretty much everyone will be just sacked out in the house "somewhere". Its probably a good thing that I'm not there though since my little Logan is sick. Pray for my Bebe! Its just not fair for him to have to deal with this when he is so young.

4 comments:

  1. It ISN'T FAIR I know! Be prepared for him to get sick ALOT. I guess they say the 3rd baby gets everything that is passed on in the fam and gets sick often, it's been true in my case. Brody was sick 2 weeks after he was born too. And you're right, the doc will just send you home with the advice that you mentioned. Smart girl! Hang in there, it's so sad to watch such a tiny precious thing go through that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Baby is so cute. Jessica and Jordans Baby Girl Kaybree got sick a couple of weeks after they brought her home to. She got RSV and it became really serious. So if your baby's lungs seem to be getting tight and he starts caughing a lot you might want to take him in. Its hard to say when they are so little what they can handle. Take Care Girl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to come see you and Logan! I will give you some time to get all better..good luck and hang in there! You're such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Logan. I hated it when Maddix got sick when he was that old....i feel so bad for him. Hope he gets feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete