Thursday, January 21, 2010

C.I.O. Starts Today!

C.I.O. otherwise known as "Cry It Out". A method I am not too good at. I usually avoid it to save myself the stress. So what is driving me to this today???? Well for starters, Logan is 8 months old next week! Can you believe it? He has a Nuk hooked to him at all times. This purpose, to make the baby quiet. To make him sleep. To make him wait. All of it...not working so well. I wish I could say that he is a great little sleeper. But I'm afraid that NUK is becoming a bigger problem. Dejah had hers till she was 2. Mycah, till she was 1 1/2. Today it is over for Logan. Last night he woke up crying 5 times!!!!!! FIVE....FREEKIN' TIMES!!! The night before, I can't even count. It has been consistently once or twice a night. Now me, being Prego/Sick/Tired, doesn't handle this well. Especially knowing that in about 4 1/2 months I will be tossing and turning and waking up to pee throughout the night. In about 7 months, I will have a new baby waking me to eat. So with all this on my mind, I am realizing that my "baby" needs to grow up quick. I'm hoping that he will learn quickly how to sooth himself to sleep and give me good nights and good naps. Wish me luck in my new challenge this week.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck Anna! You can do it!! It's hard but you know it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a fan in your room? That always helps us...I RARELY hear when my kids are crying, though I know they're upstairs, but when my fan is off, I can hear them clearly. If a fan doesn't work, shut your door, and sleep with your ipod on, or at least the earphones in. :) The girls will get used to it. Rylan sleeps right through Dagons' fits at night. Good luck! I hope you start getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be ok. He just needs to know he will be ok! I bet it only takes a few times. I agree on the fan. Stick one in his room too, or music. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Anna! I know you'll probably reach a point when you'd rather pick him up than hear him cry another minute, but you can do it! Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Hopefully he will catch on quick and you will be able to get some sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Anna. Corbin had a binky until he was about 15 months old but it was never a problem. Especially as he got older I never let him have it except for in bed. But I also made him go to sleep a lot without his binky. I would especially do this at naptime. I would just make him cry it out to go to sleep. I did this for awhile and then when he didn't care about it as much I just started giving it to him to sleep and he wouldn't wake up in the night crying for it anymore. This isn't very helpful, good luck getting rid of the binky. He'll get the idea after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain. I have been there, done that 3 times. We got rid of the pacifier around 2 yrs. old and that was easier but our little Owen, who is 9 mon. just weaned himself from his. How lucky did we get with this one? Best of luck. It is so hard and I am not a fan of the letting them cry it out stage, but what else do you do? Luckily they will never remember this. That is the great thing about them being little. They will have no recollection of anything.Hang in there! It will pay off and you will be getting plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. C.I.O. is my method of choice, it works but is so hard to do!! Good luck with it all, I think the fact that you are starting this now is such a good idea. He is still young and will adjust quickly! Lots of prayers, Heavenly Father knows what your needs are right now in preparing for this new little one :)

    ReplyDelete