Sunday, November 7, 2010

Losing It!

Well, I've been expecting it. It was only a matter of time. It.....meaning...my hair!! And it happens right around 3 months after having my babies. It has NOTHING to do with nursing. It has nothing to do with lack of nutrition either. Apparently when you are pregnant all that extra estrogen helps thicken your hair, giving you thick luscious fast growing locks. From about 3 through 6 months you lose all that hair that was supposed to come out but didn't due to pregnancy. Anyway, I was getting ready for church this morning when I saw those small short hairs poking out around my head. To top this off, I'm still regrowing the hair I lost from Logan. This is about the point when I want to whack all my hair off! It comes out in masses in the shower, and then even more when brushing through it. Ugh! I'm hoping I can hold out and not cut all my hair off. I am due for a hair cut though, so hopefully some layers will help.

So far my 3 month postpartum is going pretty good. I am on the mini-pill for birth control, which seems to be working pretty good so far. I haven't turned into crazy lady yet. I guess one of the side effects to this pill is to have inconsistent periods. Some women don't even have them while on this pill. So far...that is me. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love not having a period or cramps, but it also makes me wonder if I'm pregnant. So far the one test I've taken says no. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it remains that way, or that crazy lady will come out in full force.

My weight has been up and down. I lost pretty good in the beginning, but slowly gained as time moved on. I'm not complaining, but I still don't feel comfortable in my skin. I tried for a week to workout then I burnt out. I am just so tired and my desire is gone! I really need to change my eating habits. I eat way to much sugar and bread.

That's about it for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with bread... I don't think I'll ever be able to give it up. I can totally relate to the hair issues - zero fun - but I am sure you still look marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna I TOTALLY agree with everything in this post! Oh my gosh that is exactly where I am at right now - hair falling out like crazy (how gross is that, right!?!) And... I totally loved my body 2 months after I had Sarah. And now... struggling with the growing love handles! I blame it on me not breastfeeding anymore. :( Or you could blame it on the bag-fulls of Cheetos I eat...

    ReplyDelete