Thursday, August 13, 2009

Are you kidding me?

Well, today Alex is off on a Hiking trip with his brothers for the rest of the weekend, leaving me here with the wee ones. So what do you do when the hubby leaves? Go see Mom! She had the day off today, so my sister and I took our kids to Grandma's for a visit. Grandma has lots of fun things for the kids. Toys, movies, a back yard play-set. Things most kids would just LOVE to play with. Leave it up to our kids to bypass the fun...at least the two oldest. Chase is just one month older than Dejah, and they are the best of friends. They are both Five years old and gearing up for kindergarten. They are also entering the "age of exploration". So here are the Top three things today. #1, We were sitting there in the living room with the younger kids, just visiting. Chase and Dejah were outside playing. It was time to "check" on them and to my horrified eyes...there they are! In the front yard, sprinklers on...and in the NUDE! Running through the sprinklers and laughing their heads off!! Ahhh...We hurried the kids back in...hoping no passer-bys saw the craziness. She explained that they didn't want to get their clothes wet. I had to explain to her that we don't get naked around boys, and we don't run around naked outside...EVER! I asked her several times after that what I told her, and she had it down. Ok on to #2. A little time had passed. Again it was time to "check" on the kids. I look out the front window, and too my horrified eyes...Chase and Dejah are ON TOP of my Van!!! Holy crap! What the heck? They crawled up on the front and made their way up to the top! If Alex saw that he'd probably have a heart attack! Lesson number three: Don't climb on the cars!! Alright, last one of the day #3. After the "car" incident, a time-out for being naughty, and the punishment over, of course the kids were back outside...and we found Chase down in a hole that leads to my Dad's septic tank. Dejah and the other kids were watching him...probably debating making their way down there with him. Its been an undone project of my Dad's and there is dangerous wiring down there...he really needs to get that hole filled in. Anyway, maybe the lesson is not to let the kids play outside. I'll just say it has been an eventful day!

6 comments:

  1. ok that made me laugh out loud. Do you have any more of those pictures from Hell's canyon with Caleb? I thought Alex took one but I'm not sure. If so will you e-mail it to me? Those kids are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what kids and their moms live through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love when the dad's get to go and mom's get to stay home!!! I think it time for some girls night out!! I can't believe summer is almost over and guess what--Leigh is back to coaching football, I get to be a coaches widow once again. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just gotta love them anyway, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day! I don't know how anxious I am for Carter to grow up and do such interesting exploring. Hey-they're alive and you're alive.. you'll definitely have some good laughs about it as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an eventful day! I love how Dejah (or any little girl) doesn't think its a big deal to get naked in front of other people! So funny!

    ReplyDelete