Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Floating Indian Creek

One of our favorite things to do this summer (Alex and I)...is to float the Indian Creek here in Kuna. If you've never been down it you are definitely in for a ride. Don't let the word "creek" fool you. Although there is some fun easy floating, there are quite a few rapids that will get your heart pumping. I went for the first time last year with a friend and had an absolute BLAST! The first thing you don't realize...the cold water is "FRIGID"...brrr, I almost want a wet suit. The second thing, the water is pretty deep in some areas so if you fall off your tube, be prepared to swim. We went last week and Alex got his tube stuck in an eddie, he was pretty excited and got a huge charlie hoarse in his left calf. Yesterday as we were running some rapids through a canyon he headed straight to a rock, when he tried to kick away from it with his feet he ended up turning his tube and falling in the water. The water was deep, fast and cold, and where that canyon is there isn't any sides to swim too. I felt really bad that I couldn't help him. Luckily that section isn't too long and he got ahold of his tube. Fun Stuff...although I would not recommend bringing children for the ride. I've discovered that I enjoy a little raft to myself. I float across those rapids pretty easy. Anyway, if anyone wants to join us we'd love to show it to you.




5 comments:

  1. Anna!!
    You did indian creek again! That must have been fun. I hope we getta nother shot before the water goes down. Are you guys coming this weekend to help tear out the roof? Did mom and dad talk to you about that already? They're doing a mass tear-down this weekend. All volunteers are accepted. I had a job interview today...call me if you wanna know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok , so youre right. YOu are a posting fool compared to me! I do need to kick it in gear...if ONLY i had something fun and interesting to blog about! You and Alex have found some things to do - Gabe and I need to follow suit for sure! Im just so huge and gross, it limits our fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we'd love to hang out this summer! We found a GREAT little water park called well, Lakeview Water Park. It's just off Garrity in Nampa. The whole thing is geared to little kids and for our kids the cost is only $1! Adults are $2.25. Great prices when you compare to Roaring Springs, especially when you just sit at the kiddie pool all day anyway! It looked really fun and we thought you guys would like it too! But yeah! A bbq lunch then swimming time sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI I WAS JUST SEARCHING THE WEB ON FLOATING INDIAN CREEK FOR AUG 9TH, NEVER DONE IT BEFORE. COULD YOU HELP ME OUT AND TELL ME WHAT TO EXPECT? THANKS MALINDA
    BLEDINGHART@HOTMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site! Was wondering if you would mind telling me where to get in at and where to get out. I am coming from Nampa (Amity). Any info would be great! Thanks alot! My email is hinojosasarah@yahoo.com
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete