Friday, February 27, 2009

Toddler Size Bunk Beds....Finished!

We are finally finished with the Bunk Beds! Yay! I think they turned out great! And my Dad did a FABULOUS job designing and building them.
We got them put together on Wednesday afternoon. It was actually harder to connect them, because my Dad built the pieces to fit tightly together. So after I primed and painted they didn't want to connect. We slipped soap on the connecting pieces and Alex (with all his manly muscles), somehow got them tightly connected.
I am having Mycah sleep on the top bunk, and Dejah on the bottom. Reason you say?? Dejah gets up in the middle of the night sometimes to go to the bathroom, and I don't want Mycah getting out of bed yet. I know she could if she really wanted to, but so far my strategy is working.
Here is a picture of the Bunk Bed without the supporting crossbar at the top. My Dad designed it so that bar could come off and on when needed.
Here is a picture of the supporting crossbar on and Dejah's princess curtains up.
Lastly, here is a picture side-by-side with the crossbar and without.

Our first night went fairly well. Mycah wasn't sure about sleeping up there. She wanted me to put the bed back on the floor like before. She eventually gave up that night and slept great. I'm really glad I got the girls used to sleeping in the same room first. It has made the transition a breeze! When I get the room all finished I will post more pictures. So until then, I'll catch ya all later.

13 comments:

  1. I love it! Your dad is truly talented and what a unique gift! I want one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I am so glad there is a bar blocking the top. My heart went into my stomach when I first saw that and thought of little Mycah being up there.
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so cute! Darrell says he wants to build one now for our girls. We will see if it ever happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! What a handy daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute. He could sell those and make a ton of money. Love what you've done with the room so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna they turned out so cute. Tell your Dad he did an amazing job. I'm with Kendra he could make some nice money making those. How lucky you are girly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna they turned out so cute. Tell your Dad he did an amazing job. I'm with Kendra he could make some nice money making those. How lucky you are girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! What a great dad to help you build it. I'm glad the girls are doing so well with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of Toddler Beds .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are amazing! I came across your site while trying to find toddler sized bunk beds for our RV. If your dad decides to go into business building bunk beds let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. would you mind sharing the specs so i could build one as well ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to go through some of your posts cuz I missed this one and I really wanted to see the bunk beds. Wow, they turned out great! We have bunks for my kids and it is nowhere near as cute as this. I LOVE the princess curtains, what a cute idea. And I was also wondering since I am not the best with computers, how do you post pics side by side??? Am I just challenged or what?!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg i love this! im having such a hard time tryting to find a toddler size bunk bed :(

    ReplyDelete