Monday, May 12, 2008

The Graduation that Never Ended!

We're Back! My sister Heather graduated from Dental Hygiene School on Friday and Saturday from I.S.U. Congrats to her! I honestly think if someone is going to spend time in college to pick something and complete it. That is exactly what she did, and now she is done. We left on Friday after Alex got off of work. We drove to Arco and spent some time there with his family. The girls had a good time seeing Granny and Gramps. They don't get to see them very often. The only thing that would have made that time better is if we could have been there a little longer. We stayed up eating Shelley's favorite Chocolate Almond ice cream, popcorn and orange juice, and watched "Dan in Real Life". We had a good time and actually got Shelley to stay up until almost midnight. The next morning she made us some fabulous Belgian Waffles with strawberries and whip cream....YUM. We took off for Pocatello and arrived just in time for Heathers graduation. Ok, so we all know that graduation ceremonies can be a bit long and boring. Well that was the understatement for this one. We got there at 9:40am, the ceremony started at 10:00, Heather's name was announced at 12:15pm and it still wasn't over! We had used our supply of gold fish and animal crackers, and the girls were absolutely Done! Alex and I left and the girls finally got to take naps in the car. Around 3:00 we checked into the Holiday Inn. Thanks to my amazing parents they reserved two rooms poolside (one room was split and had two queens one side and a huge party room with queen sofa bed on the other). Anyway, we swam with the kids and then just spent the rest of the evening eating, playing, and visiting. It was a good time! Sunday we headed home and crashed. I am glad to say that today we are recovered and enjoying being home. Here are my girls on video today. I didn't take any this weekend...I'm kind of bummed. Oh well, what do ya do.

2 comments:

  1. Graduation ceremonies should be short and sweet and to the point. The parents come to see the students walk across the stage, not to hear the professors speak. Totally my opinion, so take it for what it is worth. When I graduated none of my professors even spoke -- it was some math teacher (we were in the same 'college'). I say, if professors want to give me advice, they can come and find me later while I'm milling about.

    Wow, I didn't realize I was so opinionated about this. We went to a graduation this weekend, too. And it was long. Congratulations to your sister! And really, the best part is getting to spend celebration time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That graduation was really long. We went to Scott's sisters graduation at U of U and it wasn't nearly that bad. Congratulations to Heather. That is a big accomplishment.
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete