Sunday, November 2, 2008

TRICKED!

Halloween. Trick or Treat? You would usually expect more Treats than Tricks. This Halloween was full of both. Alex came home from work and decided to get Dejah involved in carving those pumpkins. She had a blast! After that we ordered Pizza Hut and bought some candles for our Jack-o-lanterns. We ate our pizza then got the girls all dressed up. We decided this year not to walk the neighborhood and just drive the girls around to certain people's homes.


Getting a picture in the dark wasn't too easy, but you get the idea. Dejah was dressed up as Snow White, and Mycah was dressed up as Cinderella.


Here we are knocking on the door of Uncle Gabe.

The girls couldn't resist coming in and holding the little baby Briget (sp?).

Anyway, it was a good time...for all but me. Ok so onto the "trick". This baby inside me decided to "dress up" as ECTOPIC BABY!! If you don't know what that means, it basically means that the baby is growing in the fallopian tube rather than the uterus. This is deadly to the mother. It causes SERIOUS pain and can only be fixed by aborting the fetus, otherwise the tube would burst and mom would bleed to death internally. It happened to my mom when I was a kid and she almost died. So this morning I was having a sharp pain in my right side where my ovary is. I went and saw the nurse that morning, she said if it got worse that I needed to go to the emergency room. For the most part it was just really bad pain. I could hardly walk, eat, breath, etc... That evening as I was debating the ER, Alex asked me if it felt better when I layed down. It did, and then logic kicked in. If I were experiencing Eptopic pain would it really feel better when I would lay down??? My answer is NO. My mind was eased as I realized that I was experiencing some SERIOUS GAS PAIN!!! So I was officially "tricked" for the day! It finally dissipated late that night. Alex and I watched a scary movie that I won't mention, but it was a good pick. All in all, very interesting Halloween for me.

11 comments:

  1. Your girls looked adorable in their dresses! I'm so glad that everything is okay. I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was about 7 weeks pregnant... and I worried about it being ectopic. I was sure glad when it wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This post just about gave me a heart attack! I'm sorry you were in so much pain but so glad everything turned out to be ok! Congratulations on getting pregnant, by the way! I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Anna...I stopped breathing halfway through the post! At least it was just a trick!! The girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're alright. I hope your mom is alright too (telling her you thought you were having an ectopic baby no doubt would have been scary for her too).
    Fun pics and cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, good trick posting all that and scaring me to death! Very happy that it was just gas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there - Congrats on the pregnancy! Reading your post was pretty tricksy:) Glad you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tricked me, too. I just felt so sick and sad until the end. I'm so glad you and the baby are all right.

    The girls costumes were very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, scary trick. But you were talking about it so casually that I didn't think that what happened to you. I'm glad it was just a "trick"
    Your girls look so cute in their costumes...and darn it, now I want pizza hut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pictures and you confused me I thought you were going to have to abort your baby. So glad you don't. Now I really want to know what movie you watched. Sounds like you had a fun Halloween.
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad little baby beal was growing in the RIGHT place! So many things can go wrong, I swear Im way paranoid! Are you going to find out what this baby is? If its a boy im throwing you a GIANT baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, nice trick?!! That is scary, I am glad everything is A OK. Cute girls by the way! Loved their princess dresses.

    ReplyDelete