Sunday, February 22, 2009

Would you like some Whine with that Sneeze?

Oh the headache! Sick kids + Pregnant Mom does NOT = Bliss. So somehow, my kids came down with something nasty. I don't even know what to call it. All I know is that it started with Mycah and a runny nose. Then it turned into a little horse cough, followed by a NASTY Fever, sleepless nights, and constant Mommy holding. Then of course as most Nasty sicknesses go, it got passed right onto Sister Dejah. Who got even a worse Fever and more sleepless nights. Believe it or not, I can handle a sick kid. I really do feel bad for them. The Sleepless nights are hard on me, but the hardest thing of all.....WHINING GIRLS! Oh the whining. It seems to never end. In fact the best way to get them to stop is to GET OUT! Yesterday morning (after getting about 3 1/2 hours of sleep), we decided to make our way to my Dad's house to pick up our bunk bed. Yay its done! (Well kind of) Anyway, Gabe and Christy were going to the Zoo around lunch time to enjoy some of the early Sunshine, so we decided to join them. I felt we'd be safe not getting others sick if we were just outside walking around. It was really nice. The weather was a bit chilly but still good. Today we are missing church because I have my girls' crud, and they are just not better yet. And the Whining?? I wish I could post a video, its pretty much a constant annoyance. Lets top it off with loss of appetite. My skinny girls are shriveling away to nothingness because they just won't eat. I'm hoping this will all pass soon, and that I won't get their nasty fever too. Today we are going to put the bunk bed pieces together, and tomorrow I will start priming while Alex is at work. I will try to get pictures of the progress.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on this one--It's hard to see your kids feeling miserable, and generally I feel an increase in patience and love when they're feeling bad, but especially when I'm tired, I just CANNOT stand the whining! As for them not eating, I've read in a few different medical parenting books that it's fairly normal and for the most part not dangerous for people, especially kids, to experience loss of appetite when they're sick--it's one of the body's ways of conserving energy in order to concentrate more on healing and fighting infection. It's when it lasts for an extended period of time or if they refuse to drink anything, especially if they have a fever, that there's cause for worry.

    ReplyDelete