Monday, March 8, 2010

Randoms Of The Week

Last week we had a parent teacher conference with Dejah's teacher. I expressed to her my interest in "holding Dejah back" a year. I've been thinking of having her repeat Kindergarten. She's a little behind and SO young. She turned 5 on the first day of school. Her teacher was actually going to bring it up, so it gave me relief in my decision. I really feel that this extra year will help her catch up a bit and give her the confidence she needs. Also! I get to keep her for an extra year of her life. I won't have my 17 yr old heading off to college. To top it off, I could really use her help with the other kids while I'm juggling with 2 babies.

Speaking of Babies, my little Logan has decided to be difficult for naps! This is getting to be frustrating. He has decided to drop his afternoon nap. Basically he won't sleep after 4, and he won't take long enough naps to compensate for the dropped nap. What to do? I want him to get good, solid naps so that he's not grumpy. Instead he wants to give me 45 min. to 1 hour at a time. And he'll only take TWO! I'm going to have to figure out how to remedy this problem.

Alex LOVED this last weekend!! The weather was beautiful! We drove out to my Mom's on Friday night and picked up our lawn mower. Saturday morning we did some cleaning around the house.....which for some reason ;) Alex thought he needed to organize MY side of the closet!!! Raise your hand if your husband does that???? Anyway, then went out to Lowe's to get some lawn fertilizer. Alex brought the kids home and I left to go to my Sister-in-Law's baby shower. It was SOOOOOO nice to be away from my kids. Seriously, I need a mom retreat!!! Alex brought the kids home and did yard work. He mowed and cleaned the garage. It was so beautiful out. I came home to a VERY clean house...inside and out. I got my strawberry plants transplanted too. I've decided that I need to keep my gardening down to a minimum this summer. I was completely wiped out afterward. I'm going to be way too pregnant this summer to even have the desire to keep up with anything. So, I will have some pretty flowers and that's it!

Babies Babies....everywhere! My Sister Heather just recently had one. My Sister-in-law Mitzi also just had one. My Sister-in-Law Amanda is due soon, so is my Sister-in-Law Christy. I have TWO "double cousins" (our parents are brothers and sisters), also due in the next few months! And then there's ME! I am not even counting my countless friends and relatives also due before the end of the summer. So if you have sent me an invite to your baby shower and I don't come....please understand :) I love you all, Congrats a million times over!

Well, I think I've talked my brain dry. (Not Really)....oh yah....I think I just felt the baby move for the first time while writing this blog post :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so confused. Who's parents are brother and sister. What?

    Two naps a day should be fine for Logan at his age I would think. Here is what I would do if I were you. I would try to have his other naps be at least 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours long though. Is he on a 4 hour feeding schedule? If he eats breakfast at 7:00 I would put him down for a nap at 8:30 or 9:00 and not get him out until 11:00 for his next feeding. At 11:00 wake him up to eat regardless of when he fell asleep. Put him down for his next nap at 12:30 or 1:00 and get him up at 3:00. Hopefully with a little time he will adjust and sleep during his scheduled nap times. Good luck. Getting your children to sleep when you want them to is hard. Gabby is fighting being put on a schedule. She is so little still that I'm not too worried about it...yet.

    ReplyDelete