Tuesday, August 24, 2010

NOT Mastitis...BUT Yes...Hormones?

Really!? Hormones? Well it happened again last night. 1:00 AM I woke up suddenly with chills, body aches, headache, fever, cramps. I laid there for a bit, trying to figure out what to do. I really couldn't move. I really needed another blanket. I woke up Alex and he got me a big fat blanket. The tremors calmed a little but I was still freezing and still aching. So again, I had Alex get me some Ibuprofen. I took that, but it would be a while before it started working. It was now almost 2:30 AM and Lexi would be wanting to eat. Still shivering with and achy body, I had Alex feed her. Of course she was a pro. She ate and went right back to sleep. I still didn't feel well so decided to take another hot bath...which of course Alex ran for me. What was the deal?? This cannot be Mastitis. I'm pretty much dried up. My boobs don't hurt anymore. Something is wrong. I made a resolve to call the Dr. as soon as they opened. So after waiting almost a half day today for the Dr. to give me some clue as to what is happening, his nurse called and said the Dr. is pretty sure it is HORMONES. Really? Hormones? He said its kind of like hot flashes. My body is just adjusting. I have never experienced hormones like this and I really am not looking forward to anymore of these "hormonal experiences". I am having night sweats too. Gross. I first experienced these with Logan. Not fun. But those I can live with. These tremors and body aches are by far the worst and pretty much knock me out. So good news...no mastitis. Bad news...hormones. Better news...this lovely baby is out and I am on my way to recovery.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're not sick! Though I'm sorry you're not feeling well, at least you know what it is now and don't have to worry about the unknown. And I have to say, I'm glad you went cold turkey too! (and not just me!), and I'm glad your boobs aren't sore!!
    Hallelujah, you don't have to worry about that again! What a relief!!
    AND I'm glad Lexi is being easy for you! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those dreadful hormones. Messing with our lives... no fun! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy. I get the nighttime sweats which is totally crazy and uncomfortable but I've never had the rest of that. No fun. I'm glad you are almost dried up, what a relief. I'll be pretty excited to dry my well sometime I just can't decide when.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hormones huh?... thats soo weird! I definately had the horrible night time sweats... and even daytime sweats too, but no aching or shivering or anything like that! Poor girlie, hopefully last night was the last one of that! Luckily you have a little angel though that lets you sleep :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if that was my problem after I had Angie. I just assumed it was mastitis as well....but I only had a fever for like 2 days....but it was just like what you're going through. Aches, chills, and lots of sweat! It makes more sense that that would be what I had....since it really didn't last that long.

    ReplyDelete