Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

So not only is this week My Birthday week, but it is also the big week for camping on both sides of the family. Alex's family in Redfish, and mine at Hell's Canyon. Due to Alex being gone, I chose not to go to either...can you believe it!!? Ok, not going to Alex's is understandable (sorry Beals), but my Mom nearly begged me to come, and I still didn't. I know, I'm crazy huh. I guess I just didn't want to deal with the girls by myself so I chose the easy way out. I usually love Hell's Canyon. The campgrounds are clean, paved, grassy, flushing toilets, free showers, all the glassy water any skier or wake boarder would DIE for, a beachy area for the kids, tons of trees and grassy hills to relax in, yummy good food, great fishing....ALL OF IT! But with this is HOT weather, and fussy tired Mycah. She doesn't really like the boat, she requires a two hour nap in the middle of the day, and goes to bed at 8:30pm. I could have had her sleep in the camper with my Mom and Dad, but I really had pawning my kids off, so here I am. Now to the point. Since my sister Melissa couldn't go due to a wedding this weekend we decided to take the kids to the Zoo this morning. Age 3 and under was free, Adults $4. (I guess Thursdays were half price day). Great deal!

We couldn't have asked for a better morning! The sky was cloudy, it wasn't too hot, and the animals were all out. Here is Mycah and a Snow Leopard.

The only giraffe we saw was the big giraffe slide, but hey, the kids loved it!

The kids just wanted to be everywhere at once.


Halfway through the Zoo, my friend Kori Corson meet us there with her two daughters. Yes, that is a tiny baby bump on her...she is Due December 2nd.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun day. I enjoy taking the girls to the zoo. That is fun that you got to see Kori. Her girls are getting so big, and I can't believe she is pregnant again...that is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna, Just got back from Hells Canyon. We all skied so hard we couldn't even get outa the water anymore. So we decided to call it quits a little early. Besides I knew Caleb would sleep b etter in a bed, and we'd just be packing up in the morning. So after our last run at the lake yesterday we packed it up and went home. What a relief! My muscles are SHOT! I can't even lift Caleb. See ya later!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the zoo!! We're thinking of taking Julie's kids on Friday

    ReplyDelete