Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Big Thanks to Jenn!!!...Whoever you are?

Some of you already know this story, but for those of you who have not, I thought I'd share. So this last week we got a knock on the door from the UPS man. My husband answered and the man handed him this very large box. It said it was to me, so naturally I ask my husband..."Did you order me something for Christmas?" He just looked at me a bit awkwardly and said with a smile "hmm, you'll never know" followed by an un-readable grin. Apparently he was just kidding. He didn't know what it was or who it was from, because when I was in the other room he opened the box and began to read the card out loud which said, "AFTER READING YOUR "BOILING WATER" POST, I DECIDED THAT YOU SERIOUSLY NEED A NEW POT! MERRY CHRISTMAS! LOVE, JENN". I say to myself..."what?" "which Jenn do I know that would send me something so thoughtful?" I mean folks this is a very nice pot! And she must have spent a pretty penny on it. Who in the world would do such a nice thing? I wasn't complaining about my "one big pot" was I??? Anyway, I did some asking around and finally came to the conclusion that maybe I don't know this Jenn very well if at all. So JENN, Thank you so much!!! I haven't opened the beautifully wrapped box yet to see your very thoughtful gift . I thought I'd save that part for Christmas morning! So weather you were feeling bad for me, or just wanted to do something for someone else, I will never forget your kind gesture. I will definitely use it. Merry Christmas to you too! May God bless you in your life.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Anna that's awesome!! What a great, and unexpected, Christmas present!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it amazing the unexpected things that bless our lives...what a truley remarkable gift. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, it kinda creeps me out a little bit....but you're right, hopefully it was just someone wanting to do something nice for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. You have a very thoughtful reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm totally with Heather - I didn't mean for it to be creepy at all but now that I think about it, it could totally come across that way! Since my husband is a chef, we get steep discounts on cookware and such and thought you might be able to use a heavy duty pot. I never thought to write my full name in the "Message" section since they usually have the sender's name plastered all over the packing slip. Sorry to cause such consternation! And no, you certainly weren't complaining about your pot! - Jenn MORELL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And hey Alex - so sorry to have put you on the spot like that! Nicely played though, nicely played.

    ReplyDelete